Guidance on sterilization of raw eggs

Hi, I want to make safe homemade mayo (in North America), could anyone validate the safety of my procedure?

I have read that egg albumen starts coagulation at above 60 Celsius. Hence, when sterilizing raw eggs in their shell, water should stay at this temperature for an hour and a half to kill bacteria i.e. salmonella. Then, eggs are cooled and can be opened/mixed in mayo.

Is there a real risk if using raw eggs without boiling them? I was told eggs were cleaned in NA, but I also heard the insides could still be infected.

If I do the sterilization process, is the mayo going to be safe to eat until change of texture or smell or whatnot like any other food, or there are risks of bacteria coming back after x time without visual/odor cues? I ask to make sure, but to my understanding salmonella gets in the egg from contact with the bird, so shouldn't be a problem after it was sterilized once.

Thanks for your help!

submitted by /u/Itchy_Watercress2081
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/fwbl7p3

Comments