Issues with meringue sticking to parchment

Hello all, was hoping to get your advice on how to make the most resilient meringue for a decorative motif I'm piping out. Because of the shape of the meringue it is very delicate and brittle by nature and tends to shatter. I lose about 90% of what i'm piping out, luckily I only need a few.

I'm using a swiss meringue recipe where I heat the egg whites and sugar to 80C before whipping. Not adding any acid as I'm out of tartar acid but I'm wondering if this results in a loss of strength. Can I add anything like xanthan gum to help them be less brittle?

They go in the oven for 4-6 hours at about 30C with the fan on, once they become matte white I start trying to see if I can loosen them from the parchment. I initially used silicone mats but they are thicker than parchment and bending the mat while carefully peeling the meringue off is enough to shatter them. I read aluminum foil or greasing the parchment might help, any thoughts? It's the edges of the meringue sticking to the mat that breaks the whole piece apart.

submitted by /u/poniverse
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/l6f8GwP

Comments