If I want really smooth veloute soups, is an immersion blender + chinois enough or should I do a proper blender?

Basically, when I was in France, I enjoyed some incredibly smooth and velvety soups like this. They were always "this and this veloute" - pumpkin, asparagus, chestnut, celeriac, but always incredibly fine without any noticeable graininess. According to this website, most of what I am used to is more of a creme or a bisque. The thing I'm particularly obsessed with is the ultra smooth veloute.

I wanted to reproduce this, but I am not sure I want to go full on Vitamix I guess since I rarely blend anything else. I was wondering if a Vitamix immersion blender and a chinois would reproduce this.

submitted by /u/WeddingElly
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/4sKDJVP

Comments