how to balance my BBQ sauce.. Way to... Tangy??

no actual recipe so i will try my best to describe the amount

  • 1 whole tomato chopped and blended
  • 1 tablespoon tomato paste
  • 2 teaspoon of brown sugar
  • half a teaspoon of molasse blackstrap (this is my 2nd batch, first batch I threw away cause the molasse was sooo strong and it was a teaspoon. Also made the sauce dark, whereas now it's bloody red)
  • 2 teaspoon of worchester..
  • 1 tea spoon of garlic, onion powder
  • 1 tablespoon of kosher salt & white pepper
  • 2 spoons of honey
  • 1-1.5oz of Tennessee whiskey
  • 1 oz white vinegar

heat to boil then simmer once it started boiling. constantly stirring. I kept tasting every step of the way it was too much, I felt like I needed to cut the tanginess I think and added additional:

  • teaspoon honey
  • 1oz vinegar

and nothing changed.

I assume this is tangy, as I like sweet and I feel like I should keep adding more sugar, honey or whiskey to cut whatever I am experiencing.

any suggestion?

submitted by /u/NovercaIis
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/ODJZzlR

Comments