Good substitutes for garlic powder/garlic salt?

I'm trying to plan the menu for my NYE party, but many of my recipes have garlic powder or garlic salt in them, and I've unfortunately developed an allium allergy. I've tried a variety of things to substitute for actual garlic and onions, but I haven't been able to find a good substitute for the powders/salts. I usually just omit them and boost the other spices, but the end result is always missing something - obviously because there's no garlic/onion - and I'm hoping something exists that can fill that void.

I realize this might be an impossible question, but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'd be extremely grateful.

(On a related note, if anyone knows of a chip dip that's as good as french onion dip but with no onions, I would adore you forever and strongly consider naming my firstborn after you)

submitted by /u/ectocoolerkeg
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/kh3f2bB

Comments