Can I replace a water bath with added steam or full steam for a La Bête noire?

Good day,

I'm trying to make a La Bête noire and am wondering how to bake it. Until now I used a water bath, but recently I got a steam oven and I'm curious if I can use it to make it.

The thing is, I looked around at whether this is a good idea and get some ideas for the baking time/temperature, but I can't find anything. The closest I came are cheesecake recipes (on which I based options 2 and 3 on). I was wondering if anyone can help.

Currently, I see these options:
1. Use a water bath, for 50 min at 180°C / 360°F. (been using this)
2. Use the added steam function, I guess 50 min on something like 150°C / 300°F on either the medium or high added steam.
3. Use the full steam option, 1~2 hours? at 95~100°C / 200~210°F?

Any suggestions are welcome!

submitted by /u/Qemble
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/FQjnUSO

Comments