Wanting to learn, don't know where to start

I want to learn to cook. I have no idea what I'm doing in the kitchen. Sure I can follow a recipe, but I've no idea what went wrong when it doesn't come out right. I've no idea the ins and outs of food and how to adjust recipes or make my own. To me, cooking is a life skill I'm way overdue in learning, yet I don't want to do this as a career so I don't see the point in dropping a ton of time and money to get a degree. I've seen both free and otherwise courses. But learning to make a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, as an example, doesn't really help me. Does anyone have any suggestions or maybe even a list of things i could look up to get me started? Any help is greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Wallflower851
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/NiEMqbr

Comments