Anyone interested in picking apart my thanksgiving dinner plan?

I’ve only been cooking seriously for about a year and a half and have never cooked for more than 4-5 people. So this is me trying to flex what I’ve learned. I’m hoping you guys can pick it apart and tell me if it’s low skill/boring, ways you would elevate, things you’d do differently.

Red wine braised bone-in short rib -served with a pistachio Gorgonzola cream sauce(I use shallot deglazed with white wine, horseradish, and red pepper flake. I think it complements beef very well) -served over Pecorino polenta

Lemon and herb (rosemary,thyme,sage) chicken thighs glazed in a hot honey glaze

Sliced and fried sweet potatoes with a brown butter, cinnamon, brown sugar sauce.

Shredded brussel sprouts slaw with a lemon garlic dressing, pomegranate seeds and pecan

And some sort of Mac and cheese was requested so I’m doing a cordon bleu Mac. Ham, Gruyere and Swiss cheese sauce, topped with Swiss, bread crumbs and a topped with dijon bĂ©arnaise. Similar to what you’d find in a Croque Madame.

I feel like it’s kind of all over the place, but my family eats out 95% of the time and won’t really notice the lack of cohesion.

submitted by /u/SpaceGhostDOOM69
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/cuU6g4O

Comments