Under ideal conditions, how long does frozen food kept long term in a freezer actually last for?

Earlier I was researching and I noticed this on the Still Tasty website: “The freezer time shown is for best quality only - guacamole that has been kept constantly frozen at 0°F will keep safe indefinitely.“ Could this actually apply to any other foods as well? How long could this really work for? This has fascinated me for years and it makes me think of the post on r/GrandmasPantry where I believe the poster’s grandmother froze Italian sausage since 1993, but there was no word on if it was any good or not (I don’t blame them because I probably wouldn’t eat it, but if I wanted to, do you suppose I could or are there too many other variables that would affect that?)

Update: here is the Still Tasty link, I noticed that is does mention that 6 months for storage is for best quality but “will remain safe beyond that time.”

submitted by /u/actuallyboa
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/ny5wtdJ

Comments