Sur La Table Macaron Class

My partner and I just took a chocolate macaron class at our local Sur La Table. At the end of class, the instructor ended up collecting and keeping a large portion of macarons. Some of our classmates also took more home because their trays had more macarons to pipe frosting on. We ended up taking home only six macarons for the two of us, which I’m disappointed in considering it wasn’t a cheap class. (I didn’t expect we’d take home two dozen, but maybe 6 to 8 each?)

If the instructor explained why she was taking/reserving so many of the macarons, I didn’t catch it. Is this standard and normal? It was a fun class and we learned a lot, so not a poor experience, but this felt really odd to me.

submitted by /u/oldladymillenial
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/Rcdkb9r

Comments