Why does my homemade peanut butter not separate, but commercial PB does?

I heard that all natural peanut butters are supposed to seperate given enough time, but when I make my homemade peanut butter (store brand unsalted peanuts, presumably roasted but I put in the oven at 300 for 10 minutes anyways, then toss in a food processor until smooth) has never separated. The longest I have left the peanut butter out (in a closed mason-style jar) is about a month and a half at room temperature, and there was no sign of oil separating. However, it does not take long for my store brand 100% natural peanut butter (only ingredient listed is Peanuts) to develop a 1 inch high layer of oil. I do know that this is likely just peanut oil, but why does my homemade PB not do this, or not as fast as the commercially available ones? Does it mean that there is some process that the peantus or the final product goes through that allows oil to separate more quickly that I do not know of? Just curious is all-- having to stir commercial PB is a bit of a hassle when I never need to do it when I make it.

Thanks for any responses!

submitted by /u/Baker_Pastorale
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/g8UmahS

Comments