Reverse course on dry brining?

Last week I read that salting meat before you cook it is the superior way to increase texture and juiciness. So I salted pork chops in the morning with the intention of cooking them later that night.

But I got too busy to cook and the pork chops sat for over 2 and a half days in my fridge until I could grill them.

After cooking and eating, I can confirm that the texture was amazing- even overcooking them, they still were tender. But the saltiness that permeated throughout was too strong for me.

Is there anything I can do to walk back the saltiness at this point, other than adding additional flavors that will balance what’s already there? Thank you! First time poster.

submitted by /u/Nkwhoa
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/40TWPxo

Comments