Cooling down poached chicken in liquid will make it juicier?

So when I was learning to cook, my mom taught me to poach chicken in a slow cooker, given how easy and hands off it is I've always done the same with some differences, she cooked by time, I cook until I reach my desired internal temperature and I also add way more aromatics, spices and stuff like the chicken neck to get a more flavorful stock at the end.

She also taught me to leave the chicken in the cooking liquid at room temperature until it cooled down, as opposed to instantly removing and cooling them separately, while it takes way longer, she argued that if not done this way, it would make the end result very dry and less flavorful.

Is there any validity to this? I haven't tested it in fear of potentially ruining some chicken breasts.

submitted by /u/gabevt
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/Qf3Nc4r

Comments