Are vinaigrettes ever used to sauce cooked meats?

I've been doing a fair amount of reading about and experimenting with classic vinaigrettes.

Aside from its most common application of dressing salad greens and cooked vegetables, are vinaigrettes ever used to sauce cooked meats? I'd imagine this would be a good alternative to cooked sauces, like a butter-mounted pan sauce or something like that.

I know that a South American chimichurri is basically a heavily-herbed, barely-emulsified vinaigrette by definition. But would something like a classic red wine vinaigrette (1 part acid to 3 parts oil) be a suitable thing to squirt on a cooked steak or cooked piece of chicken?

I feel like I only read about vinaigrettes as a sauce for salad greens.

submitted by /u/ders_bugboy
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/GA4ahfI

Comments