A couple of fresh pasta questions - which flour is best for dusting during rolling and for short storage to prevent sticking?

I'm making some fresh egg pasta with Caputo 00 and semola flours (3:1 ratio). Is there a preferred flour to dust with to keep it from sticking when I pass it through the roller? I figured I would just use the 00 flour since that made up most of it (or AP if that works, since it less expensive?). To prevent sticking during short storage prior to cooking, I've read that semolina works well bc it will sink to the bottom when cooking so it's easier to work with... Are semola and semolina flours interchangeable for this application? I have Caputo semola, but also some coarse semolina which I use for my pizza peel to keep pizza dough from sticking.

submitted by /u/jackruby83
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/WqdjSCb

Comments