Trying to imitate the texture of scrambled eggs in McDonald's breakfast burrito.

Long story short, I have a severe and inexplicable love for the aforementioned item. It's unhealthy for both my wallet and waistline, so I am trying to come up with a satisfactory copycat recipe that I can make in bulk, omit the tortilla from and have in a bowl.

I also have hypersensitivity to the textures of certain foods, so while my palate is fine so far with the sausage and cheeses I've tried, I cannot for the life of me get the eggs right.

I know that the "real deal" is a pre-cooked frozen mixture that ultimately gets reheated in a microwave. Looking at the actual product, the eggs look spongy/airy in a way that makes me wonder whether they're whipped somehow before cooking?

If it helps, the other "commercial" scrambled egg texture I really enjoy, and I'm sorry that this might be gross to some of you, but it's the kind you'd get at a crappy buffet restaurant like Old Country. Homogeneous loaf of egg that still manages to have a moist, soft texture with a little bit of bite.

submitted by /u/subignition
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/KPDr3mN

Comments