Saving a cake with too much baking soda?

I baked a cake today and accidentally spilled some baking soda into the batter (maybe three teaspoons instead of only one). Dumb mistake, I know, but I only remembered to add it after it was already mixing, so I added it while the mixer was running.

I tasted the batter and it seemed fine, but now that it's baked and cooled it's a bitter disaster. It's a chocolate banana cake (almost a banana bread, with added cocoa powder) with chocolate chips and crushed nuts. I thought about maybe adding buttercream to make cake pops, but don't wanna risk wasting the buttercream and still ending up with a bitter mess.

Is there any way I can save it?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/_suckitupbuttercup_
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/w0QYx8u

Comments