Help me troubleshoot miso noodle soup with chicken?

Hi everyone! Im planning tonight to make, as the title suggests, miso soup with noodles and chicken. I have white miso paste, chicken thighs, red onion, seaweed sheets to cut up, and organic ramen noodles (almost like buckwheat but not buckwheat).

Last time I made just a plain miso soup with these same noodles, I cooked them in the miso broth and the soup got so starchy and thick. It tasted good but the texture was nast. This time, I think I’m going to boil the noodles ahead in water, set aside, then add in later at the end.

Some questions, seeking suggestions:

  1. What is your guys’ go-to ratio for miso paste to water to get a Japanese restaurant level of saltiness and balance? I’m planning to do 2 tbsp per 1.5 cup water.

  2. Should I toss the cooked noodles in some oil so they won’t stick when set aside? Or will they separate when added back into the broth?

  3. How would I cut the chicken? Was planning to pan sear until it had some char. Should I shred, cube, etc.

Any other suggestions to making a banger soup of the little ingredients I have? Would a bouillon benefit?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/backwardstalking
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/O5EpAc9

Comments