What’s a good container for making one serving of duck confit?

I usually make just one confit duck leg for myself but the casserole dish I use isn’t deep enough for the leg to be totally submerged in fat. But any deeper casseroles I find in stores are also really big and wide so I would need to use tons more duck fat. Should I keep looking for the mythical small but deep casserole, or try a stainless steel saucepan, or is there something better? I saw this loaf pan but it seemed a tad big for one leg and would be crowded for two legs.

And I know I can use one of the big deep casseroles to make multiple legs and freeze them or whatever but I don’t like to freeze and reheat food, I like to make things “fresh” every time. Call me irrational but it is what it is.

Thanks for any help!

submitted by /u/MNREDR
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/YneUp1y

Comments