Prepare Ahead Smoker/BBQ Dinner

For the past 3-4 years I have brought my Traeger to a family’s Fourth of July BBQ about 40 minutes from my home. I’ve done pulled pork shoulder, tri-tip and brisket and they were all hits.

This year I have a toddler to watch, no vehicle to transport my grill/smoker, and don’t want to spend all day watching meat temperatures while my family is at the beach. So I need help!

It seems like a lot of BBQ restaurants reheat previously cooked meats, but I don’t want to mess this up.

Which BBQ meats lend themselves best to being prepared ahead of time and reheating?

What is the best way to reheat previously smoked meets? I do have a sous vide available, would this be best?

One of my favorites is to smoke a tri-tip on the traeger and then reverse sear on my charcoal grill. Is there anyway I could smoke to rare/medium rare the day before and then reverse sear the day of for a fresh crust?

Any techniques or meats that I’m overlooking that could be prepared on a charcoal grill that “wow” like a smoked brisket?

I’ll be feeding 13 adults, I’m only in charge of the meat, it will be served with typical summer bbq sides.

Thank you for your help and ideas!

submitted by /u/MainlyforF1
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/aw8ocUy

Comments