Clarified butter instantly burnt on stainless steel skillet?

I thought that clarified butter had a higher burnt point and could be used instead of oil? but from my experience it wasn't the case.

I'd rather cook with butter instead of oil, so I made clarified butter and tried to cook with it, I pre-heat a stainless steel skillet, and the moment the butter touched the skillet it instantly got evaporated and smoked my whole house, I pre-heated the skillet so it reaches that "water bubble effect" that I kept seeing on the internet, the skillet was about 300F -320F, and oddly enough when I tested the heat by putting a tiny bit of water the bubble effect still wasn't there, but I decided to place the butter anyway, and it was instantly smoked.

what exactly did I do wrong here? and can I even replace oil with butter?

I thought clarified butter had a higher burn point than 300F

submitted by /u/Expln
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/h0RVMrO

Comments