my potatoes came out not cooking in time with my chicken in the oven, any ideas what I could have done?

My chicken I rested overnight in dijon and light mayonaisse with some beet root juice and seasonings, and the potatoes I first boiled in salted water to absorb the salt for around 5 minutes, and then I tossed them in the oven with maybe a teaspoon of oil (don't like getting it too oily that's why I use convection cooking). The broccoli and chicken cooked wonderfully, and I made also a mushroom sauce on the side with 2 tablespoons milk and some grated cheese, although came out a bit more liquidy then I like, whilst the potatoes just felt bland tasting even with salt and seasonings. What could I do to have made the potatoes and the dish overall more flavourful?

Also I don't want just a "just add more oil" answer, using mayo and mustard to add fat to my meats and it always comes juicy without as much fat that comes with adding oil to it.

submitted by /u/staloidona
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/xLQNcGf

Comments