Carbon steel

I bought a carbon steel pan recently and decided to season it today so I can finally use it. The instructions were to oil it, put it in an oven at 150C for one hour, let it cool then repeat the process two more times.

After the first time it came out glossy and clean, smooth to the touch.

After the second time, it came out with quite a lot of oil spots, as in one could see where oil droptlets were but apart from that nothing was off and I thought maybe I just didn’t spread the oil well enough with a paper towel.

After the third time, it came out with even more spots but this time it’s also quite sticky. I think it’s not supposed to be like that but I have no idea honestly.

Is this right or did I mess something up? How do I fix it if it’s messed up?

Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/Necessary-Jelly
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/VuRhyb5

Comments