Shredded duck confit in ragu for lasagne -- when to add?

I would like to make a duck confit lasagne.

I plan on making a tomato sausage ragu --i.e. regular lasagne Ragu without the beef-- a day ahead, then adding the duck confit to the Ragu before cooking the lasagne. However, I don't know when would be the best time to add the duck confit to the Ragu.

I read that adding the duck confit when just starting the Ragu -- I.e. along with the sausage, and cooking them both for several hours -- would undermine the point of the confit as the duck fat would disperse throughout the Ragu.

So when should I add the confit to the sausage tomato Ragu? I see two options;

A) once the Ragu is cool. This will allow the Ragu to mature with the duck in the fridge for a day or so. B) just before baking the lasagne.

Thanks in advance and apologies for the complexity of the question.

submitted by /u/laserbeam4000
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/v6NE7yB

Comments