Making beet roses

I've made potato roses in the past wherein I very thinly slice potatoes and arrange them in a muffin tin like a rose and when it cooks, the whole flower holds together when it's served. I assume this is the starches in the potato binding the layers together.

I want to do the same thing with beets. I imagine I'd have to roast them first to make them soft enough to put through my mandolin. After that, if the beets were cooked in slices in the muffin tin, would they hold together? Would they have enough sugar content to do so or should I add something to get it to hold its shape? I was thinking a dollop of goat cheese in the bottom maybe, or some kind of glaze.

Ive tried to use toothpicks instead of muffin tins, but it didnt create the look I was going for and was more finicky. Is what I'm after possible to do? Thanks.

submitted by /u/well_adjusted508
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/6XzdpL8

Comments