Best way to apply “everything” seasoning to homemade bagels?

Making bagels at home, and my recipe and end product are turning out great, but if I want to make them “everything” bagels, it’s somewhat annoying. I can’t take them straight from the boil to the seasoning dredge otherwise the garlic in the seasoning will burn after a 25 minute cook time.

So right now I’m dunking them in an egg white wash, then dredging in the seasoning. But I’m essentially playing hot potato with the bagels and burning my hands, and the seasoning ends up clumping together in the dredge bowl after a few bagels because the egg white is hot and congealing in the seasoning. I end up with my first few bagels well seasoned, and then they get progressively more irregular and my hands get progressively more burnt. Any tips here?

Picture of my most recent attempt. Irregular near the end, and some excess egg white wash remaining.

submitted by /u/Tomaster
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/1p4Yi6k

Comments