Deep-fried chicken (aroma)

First time poster here, so please excuse me if my question is worded oddly to try to follow the rules.

This is not a question about food safety

Lately when I've deep-fried bone-in, skin-on chicken legs and wings (breaded, of course) in my pot, the pieces have an unsavory smell to them when I bite in. I have also noticed it when I air fry or bake bone-in, skin-on thighs and legs. When I cook breasts, I don't have this problem.

I'm wondering if someone can shed light on what the smell might be from and how I can fix it?

I know it is NOT a result of the following: -the pot -the oil -the breading -the safety of the meat -lack of washing

Any suggestions are much appreciated 👍🏻

submitted by /u/catterazzi
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/jhrRZ69

Comments