Borscht: precooked beets? (sorry!), freezing leftovers? Protein?

I got two packs of precooked beets together with other veggies. I thought: Borscht! Cool. I've eaten Borscht in Poland, Moldova, Svalbard but never cooked it myself. Few questions:

  • can I use precooked beets to start with? Of course fresh is better, but this is what I have.
  • So I got a massive pile of other veggies, and will need to cook and freeze everything before they go off. Can I freeze borscht? I guess the chunks might get a bit too soft, not?
  • What protein could I use as this will be a main meal? Should be lower budget as prices have gone through the roof here. Beef is silly expensive, and mostly steak cuts. Sausage? White beans? Cured pork?
submitted by /u/GeoGrrrl
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/UEQM6vh

Comments