How to use less cream in a whipped cream dispenser without increasing the number of canisters?

I just got a 1 Quart iSi dispenser (instead of the 1 Pint version) because I wanted the option of making more things at one time (as well as holding more canisters for another purpose...), but my understanding is that if I reduce the volume inside the canister somehow (by adding solid objects, I think?), can I avoid having to use 2/3 canisters with less than 1 Quart of cream? It seemed like a good idea to get the larger dispenser because the price difference was so little, only ~$12, but this appears to come at a cost of being more expensive in terms of canisters, especially if you want to use less than 1 Quart of cream...

Any ideas to save on canisters without buying the 1 Pint version? Thanks! :)

submitted by /u/TheMarketAnarchist
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/WFlsVgY

Comments