Removing food wax from lemons before making lemonade?

I'm trying to make a big batch of lemonade for a work party.

The recipe I'm following for lemonade requires me to peel the lemon, mix the lemon peel with sugar and let it sit to extract the oils from the lemon peel.

The issue is most lemons including mine have food wax coating the outside. How would you remove it? Is there anyone here who would... not remove it?

My current idea: juice one lemon, coat the rest of them in that juice, and scrub them with a brush. The lemon juice and scrubbing should in theory (I think) break down the wax and then a rinse in cold water to get the rest of the wax off before peeling the lemons and using the lemon peel.

submitted by /u/CFEFDACS00
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/Y2K1a5oSp

Comments