Ravioli Technique Question

I'm using ATK fresh egg pasta recipe and an Atlas 150 to roll the dough. I feel like I'm doing what I'm supposed to up to the point of actually filling and cutting the ravioli. Dough looks good, satiny, I can see the outline of my hand but not too thin. I cut the long strips into 4in wide rectangles per ATK, place a heaping teaspoon of spinach ricotta filling an inch from bottom border, fold the top down to bottom seam and then everything goes to hell in a handbasket. I'm using the Atlas round ravioli stamp and it's just not working. There's a ton of air in the pocket that I can't seem to press out. The seams won't stick together even if I trace the outline with a finger dipped in water...I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Other than not listening to Sinatra while a Nonna yells at me. Any help would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/resting__bitch__face
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3fvOmKq

Comments