Keeping beef stroganoff warm without causing sour cream to break?

Hey guys, I'm making a beef stroganoff tonight and I want to make sure it's still warm when my family arrives, however I know that reheating it can cause issues since the sour cream can break and curdle. I've seen people recommend making the rest of the sauce first, and then reheating that and adding the sour cream in just before serving. However I also have a new instant pot, and I was wondering if I could use the 'Keep warm' function to keep the stroganoff (sour cream and all) fresh and warm until dinner (only a couple hours tops). Would that cause it to curdle? If adding the sour cream in last minute is the better option, advice for how to store the sauce in the mean time and how to best reheat? Hopefully that makes sense - would love some advice on best practices for this issue, any tips greatly appreciated. Thanks!

submitted by /u/CopyStock
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/fBxoF0tEN

Comments