Is there a general rule I can apply when "converting" crockpot slow cooker recipes to be made in a dutch oven or braising pot?

Since finding out last year that crockpots are inferior to other slow cook methods such as dutch ovens, I've been trying to make the mental switch and reach for something besides my crockpot first. I also try to look up slow-cook recipes that use other methods besides a crockpot if I'm looking up a new recipe. I have a Lodge enameled dutch oven and a heavy stainless steel braising pot.

Unfortunately, I do have recipe favorites that I've been making for a long time that are crockpot recipes. Also, I do come across recipes fairly frequently that are crockpot recipes that sound otherwise really delicious. Is there a general rule of thumb for converting a crockpot recipe to time & temp in the oven or time simmering on the stove?

submitted by /u/takethecatbus
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/35tkixp

Comments