Using Cacao Nibs For Hot Chocolate Mix

Hi everyone, I am trying to make a simple hot chocolate mix as a gift and wanted to use local cocoa powder to make it special. Unfortunately, I was unable to find a locally made cocoa powder but was able to find a locally made bag of (roasted) cacao nibs. After doing some research, it seems to me that I can grind the cacao nibs (being careful not to let the grinder get warm) and make cacao powder. I know there are a few differences between cacao powder and cocoa powder and it seems it is not possible to get the cacao powder to be cocoa powder at home, but I still should be able to substitute the cacao powder for the cocoa powder, correct?

The recipe I found says you can use either Dutch processed or natural unsweetened so no need to worry about the acidity.

Is there any other changes I should make to the recipe if using cacao powder?

submitted by /u/smartmilk
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3qWDxGP

Comments