Raw Bone Marrow Consistency

I am attempting to make deep fried bone marrow and purchased four two-inch cross-cut beef bones. I soaked the bones for four hours in cold water.

After soaking, I attempted to remove the marrow by pushing it out with my thumbs. Only one of the bones’ marrow popped out easily and was spongy with and off-white, yellow color. The other three were harder to push out, had a brighter white to pink color, and had a tougher consistency very similar to solid fat, and broke into pieces when removed (with the help of a paring knife).

Currently, all the marrow is in an ice bath in the fridge. Are three of these pieces of marrow unusable? Should I purchase more or is that normal range of consistency for marrow?

submitted by /u/radioactivegoatmilk
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3Hl4Ocv

Comments