Pancakes Raw in the Middle

I made this recipe for persimmon pancakes and no matter how high or low the heat, they come out raw in the center. Disappointing because they are tasty. Could it have to do with the persimmon puree?

Edit: the puree was the consistency of applesauce. Based on the comments here I think there may have been too much liquid, the pancakes were too large and the heat was too high. Darn, but I think we'll eat them anyway by reheating / steaming them in foil in batches. We did already enjoy a whole batch reheated, so they weren't trash can material as long as they are stored safely. I just didn't deliver them to a friend like I hoped I could do. Happy Holidays and thanks to everyone for your thoughts.

submitted by /u/newton302
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3JvYWPB

Comments