My Quest for Cookies (and Vindication)

Hey there! Could you guys help me with perfecting my cookie recipe? It's for a personal vendetta.

I'm determined to bake the perfect batch of chewy chocolate chip cookies. I'm struggling to find a recipe that works for me, so I decided to ask others that have walked the cookie road before. The cookies must be chewy and smooth-looking. I'm adding the recipe I used at the end.

My last attempt had an okay-ish chewy texture but atrocious flavor. I attributed this partial success to the browned butter, but before I waste any more precious chocolate chips on doomed recipes, I wanted to ask: is melting part of the butter before adding it to the dough really the key to baking chewy cookies? I used two thirds browned, one third out of the fridge.

As for the smooth-looking part, I suspect that my cookies look like dry soil because I added too much sugar. Is that correct?

Also, does chilling the dough on the fridge matter? Does the time chilled affect texture? I left it for like half and hour last time.

Are there cookie variables I'm overlooking? Is there a perfect ratio of ingredients in order to achieve the glorious, beautiful chewy cookie?

Thank you for reading! I appreciate any and all cookie tips you have to give me.

RECIPE:

https://www.flambada.com.br/post/cookies-com-gotas-de-chocolate-chocolate-chip-cookies

(blog in Portuguese, translation for the ingredients below)

Ingredients:

  • 240g flour
  • 200g brown sugar
  • 100g refined sugar
  • 170g unsalted butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • ½teaspoon baking soda
  • a pinch of salt
  • chocolate chips
submitted by /u/your-gfs-oatmeal
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3qdW0Oy

Comments