Compared to a regular ribeye, how much salt should I use on a prime rib roast?

I'm salting my roast a day in advanced, but I want to make sure I don't over-salt the outer edge. I typically have a good gauge for how much salt to use on a thinner piece of meat like a steak or ribs, but I'm not sure what to do with something this thick. If I use more salt than a typical steak, will it actually penetrate down to the center or will I just end up with a salty edge and an unsalted center?

Also, I was thinking of just doing black pepper and salt, and then throwing some rosemary and garlic into the pan as aromatics while it's in the oven. Does that sound fine or does anyone have suggestions on how to improve on that? I'm mainly just trying to go for a typical ribeye flavor.

submitted by /u/dancingbanana123
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/32zqAdr

Comments