Can I mix olive oil with soybean oil to prevent it from congealing in fridge?

I want to make some marinated goat cheese, which will be put in a jar with olive oil and some herbs and spices and then kept in the refrigerator. I want the olive oil to remain liquid and I think that will help the flavors meld more. The only thing I've been able to think of is to mix a little soybean oil in with the olive oil to lower the solidification temperature. My main concern is that the oils might separate, and so I'll have a jar with congealed olive oil on the bottom and liquid soybean oil on the top.

Right now I'm thinking 25% soybean oil will be enough, but if that doesn't stop the solidification rate I'll go to 33%. Thanks for any help!

submitted by /u/EarlVanDorn
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/32P00gy

Comments