Need help with a mortar and pestle

I got a mortar and pestle as a gift the other day and I’ve never used one before, it’s pretty big and it has a lot of tiny holes that I could see food getting stuck in and being a hassle to clean up

I’ve done some research and so far I’ve just rinsed it with cold water and scrubbed it, let it dry and I then put some rice and salt in it to “season” it and crush it up, now here’s my problem, in the video it told me to crush the rice and salt into a fine powder but I’ve leterly tried doing that for maybe 30 minutes and wasn’t even close to a powder, so I end up pouring it in the garbage and tried rinsing it again and now it just has a bunch of rice and salt stuck in the wholes

It’s a cool gift and all but idk what I’m doing wrong and hoping someone could help, sorry for the wall of text I’m at a loss

submitted by /u/Dreaming_Dreams
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3IceS90

Comments