I'm a Panda Express cook recreating Panda Express food at home and I need more opinions

TL;DR: I'm recreating Panda Express recipes for home use and I need more people to cook the recipes and tell me how close they think they are to the real thing. Recipes below.

I'm a cook at Panda Express. Something I've wanted to do for awhile now is figure out how to recreate Panda Express food at home as closely as possible to how it gets done in the restaurant. My 2 stipulations for it have been 1) use only the ingredients found on the ingredient labels of the products we get shipped to us, and 2) it has to only use stuff you could find at the average American supermarket. The only exceptions to the second rule being 1) chow mein noodles because you pretty much HAVE to go to an Asian market for the right kind, and 2) an Asian cooking wine that is non-essential and could be replaced with cheap Sherry cooking wine.

This is where help from any curious food adventurers comes in. I believe I have more or less figured out the recipe for Panda's "Basic Cooking Sauce", which opens up avenues to create a bunch of their dishes just based on that. Basic Cooking Sauce is a key component in their stir fry dishes, chow mein, and orange chicken. However, I'm not 100% sure in HOW close I've recreated it. I need some other Panda Express fans to try making it themselves at home, cooking with it, and telling me how close they think it is to the real thing. I will post a couple recipes down below, and if any of you are so inclined, please make them for yourselves sometime and let me know how close you think they are to the actual Panda Express dishes. Warning: it IS a fair bit of prep work and it will leave some leftover ingredients for future use...or waste.

Recipes I am making for Chow Mein, Kung Pao, and Honey Sesame Chicken Breast. I have made the Chow Mein and Kung Pao and thought they were pretty close, but I have not yet made Honey Sesame because I have weeks of testing every single dish on the menu to do. So, you know, make Honey Sesame at your own risk.

Thanks to any who are willing to help!

submitted by /u/redgroupclan
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3d8pbwx

Comments