Re-slow cooking a cream based soup?

Hi all! Tonight I tried a new recipe for Slow-cooker mushroom soup with sherry and I ran into a bit of an issue. The recipe says to puree 2 cups of the soup in a blender. I don't have a blender, but I do have a small and a large food processors, used them both and could not get a smooth puree, the pieces are quite small though. I put it back in the soup anyways and added my heavy cream, but I'm just not happy with it. I want that wonderfully smooth creamy mushroomy goodness and this is not it. So two questions, is it because I really should have used a blender? And could I slow cook for longer after already adding cream? I assume the cream is added at the end for a purpose. I'm thinking that maybe if I can get my mushrooms to soften up more they will break down easier in the food processor? Thank you!

submitted by /u/Canoeabledelusional
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3bqSGIO

Comments