Cleaning Frying Pans

I've had this issue partially due to people not listening to me but also due to my own lack of understanding where things get burned onto pans and I'm not sure how to clean them. At home I'm not allowed to clean dishes and I've never really learned how to, I just put soap into them with warm water and let them sit overnight so other people can clean them later on most times. I've been told I can't cook food with sugar or soy sauce because they can't clean the pans afterwards even though those are the foods that people always rate the highest.

How can I go about cleaning the sugars and soy sauce residue(?) off of the pans quickly after pan frying foods? Two days ago I attempted (and failed) to follow a recipe that used brown sugar and now the pan has sugar burnt onto it in a paper thin layer in some spots that nobody can remove, its a nonstick pan so we would like to avoid damaging the nonstick coating if possible. I've also burnt thinly cut potatoes onto a pan once and it left a black layer that we could not remove, again, it was a nonstick pan. If anyone has any ideas for cleaning the pans shortly after cooking or preferably some time later (parents leave dishes for about half a week before cleaning) they would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/KiritoSlayer32
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3o7O9CO

Comments