Cayenne Pepper Not Making Chicken Spicy

Hi, I've made fried chicken for chicken sandwiches a couple times now, and although it's mostly good, I've been trying to make it spicy but every time I've tried it hasn't really come out spicy at all. I've tried adding more and more cayenne pepper, but it really doesn't make it any more spicy. It's gotten to the point where I'm adding more cayenne pepper than pretty much anything else in the batter, but it's still not really spicy at all. Is there a reason it's not helping? Like is it just my cayenne pepper isn't good, or is there something else I should be adding or something? I've thought about buying habanero powder but I'd really like to avoid buying something to use just this once if possible.

submitted by /u/Oreo4123
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3AT84bY

Comments