Is my carbon wok usable?

Hello, I purchased a carbon steel wok and clearly fucked up the seasoning process.

Initially I didn’t remove the lacquer correctly and attempted to poorly season with too much oil directly in the centre and nowhere else.

Then I used barkeepers friend + wet and dry to clean up the surface ready to try again.

This time I followed the School of Wok video, which went very well during the first process (heating with no oil, see pic #2).

However moving on to the oil part, I followed the steps and arrived at the first image, clearly looking a bit ugly.

Is the wok fine to use, and will the seasoning even out over time?

And lastly, what went wrong, was it fucking with the lacquer first time around? Or was it too much oil during the final steps?

submitted by /u/Druidette
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/38sXOux

Comments