I often see the advice that chlorine/bleach and lemon-scented cleaners can't be used on stainless steel cookware. Does this extend to mild dish soaps that contain it as an ingredient or as a component of one?

I just got a set of nice stainless steel cookware, so I've been a bit anxious about cleaning it for the first time. I usually just use dawn antibacterial dish soap, which is apparently "orange-scented" and contains chloroxylenol as an active ingredient. I'm not knowledgeable about these ingredients, so I have no idea whether or not it even matters if it's only a component of another ingredient. The packet the manufacturer gave to me says I can also just put it in the dishwasher, but my dishwashing gel contains bleach as an ingredient, which I'm also not sure about. Considering the abundance of chlorine/bleach in dish-cleaning product, the advice probably just means not to soak your cookware in bleach, but I wanted to check with people who know what they're talking about.

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/SocialMediaElitist
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3Dtzffj

Comments