Help expanding/replacing cooking set

I hope this isn’t against the rules regarding product questions. This isn’t so much asking for specific brand advice, rather asking for help rounding out my pots and pans with useful ones and replacing old non-stick. If this breaks the spirit of the rules I apologize, please delete.

I have some pans that I am keeping, and will replace all of my old non-stick products as they’re ancient.

Needing replaced:

12” copper/nonstick pan

5qt. nonstick dutch oven

1qt. nonstick saucepan

Keeping:

12” stainless pan

10” cast iron skillet

10” carbon steel skillet

3.5qt. stainless pot

A non-stick for eggs

We generally use the 12” pans the most.

Questions: - Is there a downside if I replaced the 5qt. nonstick with a ceramic/enamel coated Dutch oven (le creuset/staub/lodge) other than weight and price?

  • Does ceramic vs. enamel come down to preference?

  • Since we use the 12” pans the most what would you suggest as another 12” pan to complement the stainless one I’m keeping? I’m open to any suggestions here - different pan types/materials/sizes etc.

  • Are there any glaring omissions that every home kitchen should have?

I hope my questions aren’t too silly, I tend to get overwhelmed with the varying sizes, shapes, materials, reactive/non-reactive options and just want a high quality and well-rounded cooking set.

submitted by /u/il1k3c3r34l
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3zB4SRC

Comments