Fried chicken breast was always tough until today.

Long story short, I like chicken breasts like everyone else. I buy them in bulk fresh, Trim them, slice them in half, Bag them in ziploc and freeze.

My usual strategy is to pull one out of the freezer the night before and beat the shit out of it with a meat tenderizer, roll it in my special mix of crumbs and spices right before I fry it up in a little butter the next night for dinner.

I understand that overcooking chicken is a thing. I ALWAYS seem to undercook it. I notice when I slice into it and see the pink center and end up returning it to the pan for a minute or so. But the chicken always seems to be tough... Chewy.

Well, 4-5 days ago, I took a chicken breast out the freezer, put it in the fridge as usual, and got distracted with life... I came back tonight and smelled the chicken, It smelled great! Went through my normal routine of beating the shit out of it with a tenderizer, rolling it in my secret blend of crumbs/spices and fried it up in a ripping hot pan with a small amount of butter.

This chicken was tender, juicy, delicious. Amazing!

So finally, My question: Does aging chicken actually make it taste better and/or more tender??

submitted by /u/Hysterical-leftists
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/2WEurmD

Comments