Can slow roasting in a low oven pasteurize a blade tenderized steak like sous vide can?

This is my first reddit post, sorry if I do anything incorrectly here.

My father bought some NY strips at our local Costco, unaware of the fact that they blade tenderize their meat which makes it unsuitable for cooking rare/medium rare normally as the blades may push the surface bacteria to the interior of the meat.

My dad loves his steaks medium rare and I don’t want to just waste the steaks. I know sous vide would probably be the ideal option for salvaging their juiciness, but I don’t have the resources to do that. I figured slow roasting in the oven at 175° for a couple hours or so would still get a medium rare steak but also kill any bacteria that might’ve gotten inside the meat, right? I’m not super big on the science of pasteurization and I just want to be sure.

submitted by /u/Total-Blacksmith4521
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3zqzzc9

Comments