Is there a protein I can add to slow cooker chilli that doesn't need to be browned/sautéd first? - I don't currently have access to a cooker.

I'm looking for meals I can make in bulk with the slow cooker and microwave I bought to tide me over until the rest of my kitchen arrives, and I figured chilli would work really well. It freezes well; I can cook rice in the slow cooker, baked potatoes in the microwave or just eat it in tortilla wraps. It seems like beef (and ideally the onions) needs to be browned in a pan before going into the big pot, and I'm at a loss for a substitute. Should I just go from one or two types of beans to three or four or maybe pad it out with lentils? Tofu, or some kind of branded vegan beef substitute?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/xHeptag
[link] [comments]

from AskCulinary https://ift.tt/3jb1R3R

Comments